Geotop student meeting 2013
• The bus will leave Montreal at 9:00 am at the main door of the Président-Kennedy Building (UQAM, 201, Président-Kennedy Avenue).
• All participants are expected to arrive between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm (except for those from Rimouski who will arrive later).
• IMPORTANT: for those of you coming with you own car, you must follow the instructions provided here. The Base de plein air Perce-Neige highly recommends using these instructions rather than a GPS. If needed you can contact Perce-Neige at (450) 226-3336.
• Bed linen are provided.
• You are allowed to bring your own alcohol (note that there is no store nearby).
• The resort provides cross-country skiing, snowshoe and walking trails, and pneumatic snow slopes. Sport equipment (snowshoes and skis)is available for free rental on site, except for ice skates. Equipment is limited, so feel free to bring your own. A free time period is scheduled on Saturday afternoon, don’t forget to bring warm clothes.
Here are the guidelines for the presentations for the 2013 Geotop Student Meeting:
- The visual support (poster or PowerPoint) must be in the opposite language of your presentation. The Geotop is a bilingual research centre and it is important for everyone to make that effort. Any presentation that does not respect this criterion will be disqualified from the awards.
- Talks must last 12 minutes and will be followed by 3 minutes of questions.
- Posters must be 36"X 48" maximum*. UQAM students wishing to print their poster at the university must contact Frédérik Toupin as soon as possible to arrange a time.
* People wishing to reuse a poster are allowed to have a different size.
Registration deadline: December 10th, 2012
The Geotop student meeting 2013 edition will be held from Friday, February 1st to Sunday, February 3rd 2013 at Base de Plein Air Perce-Neige in Wentworth-Nord, in the Laurentide area. Students and teachers must fill the registration form and submit it along with their abstract (for students) electronically. The formatting guidelines are described in the form.
Download the registration form here
Form and abstract must be sent to email@example.com
The registration deadline is Monday, December 10th, 2012.
The Geotop student meeting is bilingual (English/French). The presentation support (power point or poster) must be in the opposite language of your presentation. A presentation is required to participate to the conference.
Come meet and greet your colleagues from every campus!
We hope to see you there !