We are pleased to announce the Geotop Student Meeting 2021, organized by UQAM students. The annual meeting will be held from Tuesday, March 16th to Thursday March 18th. As you can imagine, this year’s congress will be a virtual edition.
Here is a foretaste for new and returning participants:
- Meeting website: https://event.fourwaves.com/geotop2021/
- The Geotop Student Meeting brings our community together for a three-day conference addressing various disciplines in the Earth Science’s field. It is an opportunity for the students to present their research (poster or oral presentation) and to network.
- The bilingual spirit of the meeting demands that your presentation support (poster or slides) be in the opposite language that you are speaking, e.g. if you decide to present in English, your presentation support must be in French, and vice versa.
- The presentations will be spread over 3 days, in the afternoon. Presentations on broader topics (e.g., equity, inclusion and diversity in science) will be offered in the morning.
- Participating students are required to present (oral or poster) and submit an abstract.
- Registration and participation (oral presentation or poster) is a mandatory criterion for students to be eligible for Geotop scholarships (other criteria apply, see on the Geotop website).
- Oral and poster presentations will be available online for one week prior to the start of the event, and will be broadcast during the meeting according to an established schedule. You must be registered to the meeting to have access to the presentations (whether you present or not).
- Presenters will be required to be present online when their presentation or poster is broadcast and during the discussion/question period that follows.
- To register, please fill in the online registration form on this website on the Registration tab before January the 29nd. Students must also submit their abstract in the Submission tab by January 29.
Please fill out the form even if you are not presenting so that we have an idea of the number of participants and that you can identify yourself as an evaluator if you wish.
We hope to see you there and make this year’s meeting extra special despite this year’s events!
The organizing committee